ODT 2.0 released : camlp4 integration, separate compilation and more...
A new version of ODT, labelled « ODT 2.0 », has been released.
You can install it as explicated in the install page. Be aware that the installation process has changed ! It now uses the standard eclipse software installer.
The 2.0 release has been tested with:
- Eclipse 3.7,
- Java (Sun Microsystems) 1.6
- OCaml 3.12.0 and 3.11.0
This new release now includes camlp4. For this feature, a lot of modifications/enhancements have been made into ODT:
- complete review of the option management for the camlp4 integration and also the (conditional or not) compilation for the executable production (feature request #1738337: preprocessor support).
- complete review of the project preferences management (core + ui)
- correction of -w and -warn-error sub-options
- specific camlp4 warning message interpretation
- now libraries are specific to builder profiles
- correction of options which are not compatible with builder profiles (e.g. -vmthread and native mode) and with compiler releases
The tutorial has been updated to present the global ODT behaviour.
This release also brings the following points:
- better "let" indentation (feature request #1788592: ability to switch off some editor features)
- corrections when ocamlc is not in the $PATH (plug-in errors)
- correction of bug #3293025 (foreground colour is still black)
- corrections of the user specified ocamlc location
- use of java 1.6 (@Override annotations)
Thanks a lot for using ODT !