ODT 3.0 released: code completion and others
A new version of ODT, labelled « ODT 3.0 », has been released.
You can install it as explicated in the install page.
The 2.2 release has been tested with:
- Eclipse 4.2.2 (Juno),
- Java (Sun Microsystems) 1.6
- OCaml 4.00.1
This release brings many sound modifications into existing parts of ODT, and many of these are not visible to the user. Therefore, some things have been abandoned:
- no compatibility with the project configuration before ODT 2.0 (09/2011): if you have to migrate such a project up to ODT 3.0, please migrate to ODT 2.3 before
- no more support for OCaml 3.09
This new release also includes the following functionalities:
- automatic code completion assistant for modules and classes (see limitations into the tutorial)
- hyperlinks are computed like automatic code completion, so that they can, for example, directly point to a standard library or access to the definition of a record field
ODT 3.0 also brings some corrections or enhancements:
- display of linking errors on the main source file of the executable
- display of code incoherences between ml and mli files for "on the fly" compilation
- management of the "include" keyword into indentation
- correction of the outline when files contain the "let open" construction
- many evolutions into the automatic code compilation
Thanks a lot for using ODT !